Jul 13, 2006

wingstreet sadness

I had been wanting to go to Wingstreet for a while now, but it just never happened. I heard a commercial on the radio that a new one just opened not too far from work, so I thought I'd give it a try for lunch last night.

When I pulled up to the handy dandy drive-through window, my first reaction was (aside from the excitement that I had actually made it there): they should have a menu on the wall instead of an advertisement. That didn't bother me too badly, since the order taker new what they had: traditional (non-breaded, bone-in), breaded, and boneless wings. I'd heard about them having a lot more, but there were 8 flavors available: 1.) Flame Thrower (Does that remind you of DQ somehow?), 2.) Buffalo (which was disappointing, because it only comes on the traditional wings and I wanted boneless), 3.) Cajun, 4.) Spicy BBQ, 5.) Honey BBQ, 6.) Garlic Parmesan (I imagine this is pretty similar to the Parmesan Garlic at BWW), 7.) Spicy Asian (I also imagine this would be quite similar to the Asian Zing flavor at BWW), 8.) Mild.

I chose 5 Flame Thrower and 5 Cajun boneless wings and a dinner salad. I am still excited about this whole experience so far, and I laid my meal out on my desk at work like so:


I began my adventure with the salad, which was pretty small and disappointing due to the shredded lettuce they put in there. It made me feel like I was eating my leftover lettuce for the tacos I just made (I've never made tacos, however). It wasn't too bad, though. I don't usually complain about food anyway.


After a little bit of time, I decided to try my wings. I tasted the Cajun and it was pretty good, so I was pumped... but the boneless wings were so small they couldn't even be called chicken nuggets! (Maybe KFC Popcorn Chicken, Joe at work suggested)

The last thing I have to mention is that the Flame Thrower sauce is the worst thing I've tasted! I am a lover of pretty much all foods, but I had to force myself to eat these, they were so bad! They didn't taste like any other "hot" wing flavor, but they were extremely sweet and tangy in the worst way ever.


I don't think I'll be going back there again. Too bad this experience had to be so negative. I've never been able to say I dislike a food, but then I met the Flame Thrower boneless wings from Wingstreet. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss the Cajun wings.. best thing they ever put out.. I will give you props, though.. quite adventurous trying their salad lol